INVITATION: C17 AGM Reception and Round Table Discussions
All C17 Directors, Co-Chairs, Committee Members, Funders, Parent/Patient representatives and local health professionals are encouraged to attend. Discussions will focus on research, funding and advocacy priorities for C17
One of our key goals is to identify and discuss the priorities and opportunities that C17 is addressing. Some of these include:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer – the work of our C17 Task Force, the partnership with NCIC CTG to develop an AYA Platform, the 3CTN RFA for AYA clinical trials, and the potential to increase clinical trials enrollment under 3CTN.
- 3CTN – how do we meet our goals to increase clinical trial enrollment and trigger funding from 3CTN?
- Research funding – we are exploring new partnered funding for research, including Cancer Research Society, Terry Fox Research Institute, and 3CTN.
- Funding and Partnerships – our primary funder is Childhood Cancer Canada Foundation, and we have relationships with several other foundations and parent groups. How can we bring them all to the table and meet everyone’s goals?
- Advocacy – what factors are influencing research and education in Canada today and how can we address them.
We would like to encourage all committees, directors and C17 members to participate in an interactive dialogue during this Wednesday evening session. Our goal is to create some dialogue between funders, parents and health professionals about our priorities.
Please register (no cost) at https://redcap.med.ualberta.ca/surveys/?s=8THWFHPHKE.
Wednesday, June 3
6:00 – 8:30 PM (A light dinner will be served)
2nd Floor Gallery, PGCRL, the Hospital for Sick Children