Three open positions on the C17 Research Network (Clinical Research Oncology, Qualitative Research Nursing, Basic Laboratory Research)–please nominate and/or forward
See following file to forward as PDF: C17 Research Network Call for nominations July 2016
The C17 Research Network is pleased to announce the call for members of the C17 Research Network Committee in the following areas:
- Clinical Research – Oncology (1 position)
- Qualitative Research – Nursing (1 position)
- Basic Laboratory Research (1 position)
We ask all who receive this call for nominations to help us to distribute it as widely as possible. Please forward the call for nominations to institutions, organizations and individuals who might be interested in posting and/or responding to it.
How to Submit an Application
Please send your curriculum vitae with support of your program director and a statement of interest by email by August 15, 2016 to Leah Young at leah.young2@AHS.ca. The call for applicants will be extended if required. The nominee will be selected by the C17 Research Network Committee; all applicants will be notified directly.
Work of the Committee
- Conduct scientific review of applications to the C17 Research Grant Competition, and make recommendations to the C17 Directors and Executive Council regarding the awarding of the Research Grants
- Set strategic priorities for C17 Research Activities
The Committee meets via email or teleconferences as needed.
Members of the Committee
Members of the committee include those with experience in basic and clinical research who have established reputations in their respective fields, and who share a national vision for research. They will have an affiliation with one of the 17 centres or associated universities. Consideration will also be given to selecting members who represent large and small centres, and institutions across Canada. Members of the C17 Research Committee will serve for a three year term, renewable once.
The Research Committee includes the following members:
- Outcomes/Quality of Life Research – Psychology
- Clinical Research – Hematology
- Clinical Research – Oncology
- Clinical Research – Stem Cell Transplantation
- Qualitative Research – Nursing
- Basic Laboratory Research
- Translational Research
- Data Management – Clinical Research Coordinator
- Small Centre Representative – centres that diagnose fewer than 30 patients per year
- Patient/Parent Representative
- Ex-officio members – the COG Senior Medical Officer, Executive Director