Biospecimen Research Methods – UBCx online professional course begins February 15
Enrollment is now open! Class begins February 15, 2017.
Biospecimen Research Methods is a UBCx online professional education course offered from http://www.edx.org. This course will help you transform the quality of your research by teaching you the biobanking best practices to collect, store and use human biospecimens in the laboratory.
This course is designed for researchers including graduate and undergraduate students, postdoctoral fellows, pathology residents and research technicians who work with human biospecimens.
Over 6 weeks, professionals with extensive experience in biobanking from the University of British Columbia and the British Columbia Cancer Agency will teach you the international best practices for biobanking and research involving human biospecimens, based on National Cancer Institute (NCI) and International Society of Biological Environmental Repositories standards (ISBER).
What you’ll learn
- Develop the knowledge to better collect and process human biospecimens to enhance research credibility
- How to plan a successful research study using biospecimens
- How to properly store and manage biospecimen data
- Understand the ethical and privacy issues related to biobanking
- Gain applicable hands on techniques related to informed consent, data queries, biospecimen collection and storage
Learn more about Biospecimen Research Methods and enroll today!