JOB POSTING in Australia: Children’s Cancer Foundation Chair
- CHILDREN’S CANCER FOUNDATION CHAIR
Job no: 0049704
Work type: Fixed Term
- Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne
- Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
- Role & Superannuation rate: Academic – Full time – 17% superannuation
- Salary: An attractive salary package will be negotiated, including a start-up support package
Help us lead the way towards better treatments and cures for childhood cancers
We are recruiting a Children’s Cancer Foundation Chair who will shape Australia’s leadership of research and clinical practice in paediatric cancer, towards better treatments, cures and more support for families.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in partnership with world-leading organisations to drive research, teaching and training, and clinical care delivery.
The Children’s Cancer Foundation Chair is a new leadership position made possible by generous funding from the Children’s Cancer Foundation in collaboration with key Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) partners: The University of Melbourne, The Royal Children’s Hospital, the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI).
Highest quality research and clinical facilities and support will be provided to ensure that you are able to drive and deliver productive, ground-breaking collaborations across the world-leading Melbourne Biomedical Precinct as well as with paediatric clinical and research groups nationally and internationally.
You will possess:
- A medical qualification registrable with the Medical Board of Australia
- Paediatric fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Physicians or equivalent qualification
- A research doctorate
- A distinguished career of international standing in the field of paediatric oncology
- Demonstrated leadership in research, scholarship, education and clinical care in paediatric oncology
- Demonstrated ability to foster academic achievement and clinical innovation in others
- Demonstrated ability to provide family-centred care
- Ability to identify and exploit new opportunities in education, research and the provision of services to the benefit of the Department of Paediatrics and key partnering Institutions
- A strong record of success in obtaining external peer reviewed research grants
- A strong record in paediatric research, as evidenced by a superior publication record
- Recognised clinical expertise in the field of paediatrics
- Ability to provide advocacy for children and adolescent health and wellbeing
Established in 1862, Melbourne Medical School (MMS) is Australia’s top medical school, located within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS) at the University of Melbourne. We work with communities to improve health and advance healthcare, through our teaching, learning, research, clinical care and advocacy. We are ranked 9th in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health (THE World University Rankings) and 17th in Medicine (QS).
We offer a number of employee benefits to maximise your work life at University of Melbourne (UOM). Benefits include a salary packaging scheme and flexible, family-friendly policies that provide generous leave and working conditions. This is an opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment with substantial discounts for eligible staff and their immediate families to undertake further studies at UOM.
To find out more, visit http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
How to apply
We are in a time of expansion and growth. For more information, position description and other opportunities, please visit medicine.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-the-melbourne-medical-school
Your application should include a CV along with your responses to the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
This is a re-advertised position; previous applicants need not re-apply.
For the Position Description and to apply online:
Applications close: 5 March 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time