West Coast Sarcoma Conference- December 1 & 2, 2017, Vancouver, BC- SAVE THE DATE & Mark your Calendars!
We are delighted to announce that the inaugural West Coast Sarcoma Conference will be taking place in Vancouver December 1-2, 2017.
WCSC will be unique in its inclusion of both pediatric and adult sarcoma specialists, with the objectives of ensuring best practices in sarcoma care and fostering collaboration across disciplines and geographic regions. We have succeeded in securing the participation of internationally renowned researchers and clinicians in the field of sarcoma.
We have put together an innovative program highlighting emerging techniques and current controversies in the diagnosis and management of sarcoma.
We look forward to welcoming you to Vancouver for the WCSC!
Save the date December 1 & 2, 2017 Vancouver, BC
Website will be open soon
Drs. Karen Goddard, Andrea MacNeill, and Christine Simmons
Planning Committee Co-Chairs
West Coast Sarcoma Conference
REGISTER for “THRIVE” The 4th Annual CanHaem Conference, Edmonton, Alberta Sept 9th, 2017 (deadline June 16, 2017)
Register at www.CanHaem.org
Join us for a day focused on helping our patients THRIVE!
- Bukola Salami (University of Alberta)
Heart failure, Ventricular Assist, and Transplant in Iron Overload Patients
- Kevin Kuo (University of Toronto) – Dr. Jennifer Conway (University of Alberta)
Reduced Conditioning Bone Marrow Transplant for Sickle Cell Disease
- Greg Guilcher (University of Calgary)
- Organizer Hatoon Ezzat (University of British Columbia)
Registration Deadline: JUNE 16, 2017
Please contact CanHaem Admin for information: Info@canhaem.org
Travel Awards, Early Bird Rates and Confirmed Speakers Announced for the Summit for Cancer Immunotherapy (Summit4CI) 2017 in Ottawa (June 25-28)
Register NOW to attend the Summit for Cancer Immunotherapy 2017, taking place in Gatineau, Québec, from Sunday, June 25, 2017. Early-bird registration rates end on April 19!
We’re delighted to confirm that Robert Andtbacka (Huntsman Cancer Institute) and Stanley Riddell (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center) will deliver opening keynote presentations after our Welcome Reception on the evening of Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Other distinguished speakers, confirmed to date, include:
• Rebecca Auer, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
• Donna Albertson, NYU Oral Cancer Center
• John Babcock, Zymeworks
• John Bell, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
• Jason Berman, Dalhousie University
• Katherine Bonter, McGill University
• Jeanette Boudreau, Dalhousie University
• Tania Bubela, University of Alberta
• Cyrille Cohen, Bar-Ilan University
• Christi Guerrini, Baylor College of Medicine
• Carl Hansen, University of British Columbia
• Robert Holt, University of British Columbia
• Dean Lee, Loma Linda University
• Jeffrey Miller, University of Minnesota
• Brad Nelson, University of British Columbia
• Kunle Odunsi, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
• Eustache Paramithiotis, Caprion Proteomics
• Denis-Claude Roy, Université de Montréal
• Ismael Samudio, The Centre for Drug Research and Development
• Kirk Schultz, University of British Columbia
• Len Seymour, University of Oxford
• Michael Surette, McMaster University
• Simon Turcotte, Université de Montréal
BioCanRx is offering up to 100 travel awards to Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP), defined as undergraduate and graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, research associates, technical and clinical research staff, who submit the strongest abstracts as determined by the Summit4CI Abstract Review Board. To be included in the travel award competition, please submit your abstract by end of day March 1, 2017.
We hope you will be able to join us. To register or find out more, please visit www.cancersummit.ca
Call for Abstracts: Innovative Approaches to Optimal Cancer Care in Canada (Due Dec 16) for the “Innovative Approaches to Optimal Cancer Care in Canada Conference” April 7 – 8, 2017
Submit your Abstract for the Innovative Approaches to Optimal Cancer Care in Canada, taking place April 7-8, 2017 in Toronto, Ontario. This is one-of-a-kind opportunity to connect with cancer care colleagues from across Canada and learn about innovative approaches to enhance the quality of care. This conference is targeted to clinicians, leaders, and key stakeholders in cancer control in Canada. Through a multidisciplinary program of panel discussions, and abstract and poster presentations, the conference aims to:
* Showcase new Canadian innovations in policy, planning, and service delivery with a focus on application and implementation from screening through clinical care, palliative care, end of life and survivorship;
* Strengthen the community focused on the cancer system in Canada by building communication links and sharing lessons learned; and
* Intentionally encourage scale and spread of proven successful innovations.
Abstract Submission Deadline: December 16, 2016 at 11:59 PM (EDT).
More information and the abstract submission link can be found at: www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca/conference/abstracts?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=abstract&utm_medium=spc-reminder
Coalition Against Childhood Cancer “From Bench to Bedside & Beyond” pediatric cancer research conference (Cold Springs Harbor Laboratory, Oct 30-Nov 2): Invitation to submit poster abstracts
The Coalition Against Childhood Cancer (CAC2) will co-host a pediatric cancer research conference with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory from October 30 through November 2, 2016, and we invite you to submit a Poster Session Abstract. “From Bench to Bedside & Beyond” will focus on emerging technologies, drug development, and treatments utilized in pediatric cancer. A list of topics and speakers is included for your information.
The conference is the first of its kind, providing a unique opportunity for you to gain visibility with a broad spectrum of cancer research stakeholders, including scientists, government officials, industry representatives, and numerous non-profit funders of pediatric cancer research. The poster session will occur in an open and engaging atmosphere, and limited funds are available on a competitive basis to reduce travel and meeting expenses. We would like to invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to showcase your work in front of a diverse and committed audience.
If you are interested in submitting an abstract, please note that the deadline for submissions is August 31, 2016. Please visit the CAC2 website for Abstract Submissions Guidelines. www.beyond.cac2.org
Please contact the CAC2 Research Conference Planning team at research@CAC2.org with any questions about the upcoming CAC2 Research Conference at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.
Biannual Pediatric onc/hem education workshop in BC (Oct 28-29) for physicians, allied health professionals, residents and students
The BC Provincial Pediatric Oncology/Hematology Network along with BC Children’s Hospital Division of Oncology/Hematology/BMT will be hosting the biannual pediatric oncology hematology education day: Innovation, Inspiration and Engagement.
It will be held at the Chan Center, BC Children’s Hospital on Oct 27 and 28, 2016. The format is: workshop on the evening of Oct 27 and full day on Oct 28. This Education Day is for all health care professionals involved in the care of pediatric oncology/hematology patients and their families. Two keynote talks are: When Parents and Providers disagree: understanding and responding to conflicts in the care of children will be presented by Dr. Doug Diekema (attending physician and director of education for the Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics at Seattle Children’s Hospital and professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Washington School of Medicine) and The Highs and Lows of Cannabis, presented by Drs. Philip Crowell and Rod Rassekh.
Please visit the following website for full agenda and information on the education day. http://ubccpd.ca/course/pediatric-oncology-hematology-education-day
Registration is now open. Early bird ends on Monday, Sept 26, 2016.
Registration opening January 2017. http://www.cvent.com/events/summit-for-cancer-immunotherapy-2017/event-summary-e160f804f31f4b7ba7ff398f8f716c71.aspx
BioCanRx is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Summit for Cancer Immunotherapy (Summit4CI). Join us in the National Capital Region in celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday!
June 25 – 28, 2017
The Summit4CI will showcase innovative research in cancer immunotherapy, featuring national and internationally renowned scientists. The event will bring together the Canadian cancer research community with representation from academia, government, industry, charities and patient advocacy groups to foster multi-disciplinary collaboration.
Registration and scientific abstract submission for the Summit will open in early 2017.
Canadian Cancer Research Conference
Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Convention Centre
5 – 7 November 2017
The conference brings together the Canadian cancer research community for an agenda spanning the research spectrum. This is an ideal opportunity for researchers, clinicians, decision-makers, and trainees at all stages of their career to hear the latest developments in Canadian cancer research and network across research disciplines.
Registration and abstract submission for the conference will open in April 2017.
For further information, email CCRAConference.Secretariat@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Canadian Conference on state of the art care for Sickle Cell, including new therapies such as gene therapy – Montreal Sept’30-Oct’1
I am inviting you to participate in the Engage Conference, our 3d national Canadian conference on Sickle Cell disease which will be held in Ottawa on September 30th and October 1st.
We will have an exciting program, providing education on state of the art care as well as ongoing treatment development (new therapeutic venues including gene therapy).
It is a unique opportunity to meet with colleges involved in the care of patients with hemoglobin disorder, network and discuss research opportunities and collaboration.
You can also encourage your patients to participate in the second day of the meeting, designed to favour patient and health care professionals interactions, as well as patient-patient and patient-advocacy group interaction. Engage them to participate on October 1st!
I hope to see you there!
CanHaem Vice Chair
To learn more about this conference, go to : Events Details at www.nyas.org.
Keynote Address Overview
- The Successes and Future Direction of Pediatric Cancer Research and Therapy.
Richard Gilbertson, MD, PhD, Cambridge Cancer Center, The University of Cambridge
- The Role of Epigenetic and Metabolic Mutations in Stem Cell Maintenance and Pediatric Cancers. Craig B. Thompson, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- The Evolving Landscape of Pediatric Cancer Genomes
- Epigenetic and Chromatin Remodeling as Disease Drivers in Pediatric Cancer
- Germline Alterations and Cancer Susceptibility in Pediatric Patients
- Insights into Metabolic Reprogramming in Pediatric Cancer
- Clonal Selection and Stress Adaptation as Drivers of Metastasis in Pediatric Cancers
- Immunotherapeutic Approaches to Pediatric Malignancies
- New Paradigms in Modeling Pediatric Cancer
- Innovative Strategies to Implementing Precision Medicine-based Therapeutic Trials for Pediatric Cancer